Saturday 8 January 2011

In This World (words & meaning of)

Lyrics to In this World by Steve Christopher

It's the same old story,
Never mind the names are not the same,
Nothing ever changes, not her mind, nor the ones who are telling lies.
Was a time when I believed,
Everything she ever told me
Just goes to how how easy life can bite yer when you're feeling down.
CHORUS.
I- I - I, Looked for love but I did'nt succeed,
Maybe,Keep my mind on other things in this world.
I'll keep doing my best,
my head held high, dignity in tact
One day it'll pay off and I'll get the sort of things I've been dreaming of.
CHORUS - Guitar lead
Don't normally get like this,
seems odd how she got to me
Gotta be a way to shake these blues from my head and start again
Now you know my story,
never mind the names are not the same
Nothing ever changes, nor her mind nor the ones who are telling lies.
CHORUS

When writing this song, I was reflecting on how each split becomes a little easier than the last as you have similarities that can be attributed to previous mistakes. Unfortunately, we can all be guilty of making the same ones over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment